This article that provides you an outline of different scenarios that can trigger a sync within your Vend and Woocommerce through the linksync plugin.
A sync triggers when:
Type of sync: Vend to Woocommerce
- Editing and saving products in Vend. Woocommerce product will then be updated with Vend product details base on sku.
- When clicking on “Sync Reset” under Product syncing settings. This will also import all product from Vend to Woocommerce.
Type of sync: Woocommerce to Vend
- Doing ‘quick edits’ or editing products in woocommerce. Changes of product details in woocommerce will be imported to Vend.
- Upon clicking “Sync all product to Vend” under Product syncing settings. This will also import all product from Woocommerce to Vend.
Type of sync: Two-way
- Editing products details, or ‘quick edit’-ing, in Vend and Woocommerce. Any changes made with any of the app will be transported within the other app.
- Upon clicking “Sync Reset”.
- Upon clicking “Sync all product to Vend”
The Trigger Button:
The ‘trigger’ button under Configuration Tab is best used on situations wherein you think products have not synced upon your first attempt to sync. Clicking the button will cause the plugin to fetch whatever data that was missed, and transport that update to your Woocommerce. Please take note however, the trigger button is only applicable on a setup that has a ‘Vend to Woocommerce’ or ‘Two-way’ product syncing type.
A sync triggers when:
Type of sync: VEND TO WOOCOMMERCE
- An order is created in Vend. The details of that order will be imported to Woocommerce.
Type of sync: WOOCOMMERCE TO VEND
- An order is created or updated in Woocommerce. The details of that order will be imported to Vend, depending on the ‘Order status’ option you select under your Order Syncing Settings tab. Please note that order syncing to vend only happens once for each WooCommerce order and there is no way to resync the order to vend if it has been synced to vend.
Product quantity will also be updated against the order created for a specific type of product, depeding on the type of settings you select in your Product Sync Settings tab.